Sunday 22 September 2013

Foodie Adventures: d'Good Cafe

You might have seen my instagram that I went to d'Good Cafe on Friday with Sam!!




273 Holland Avenue #02-01/02 
 Singapore 278992 

Tel: 
6219 9807 

Operating Hours: 
Sunday to Thursday: 10am to 10pm 
Friday & Saturday: 10am to 11pm

We decided to go there as our 4-6pm lecture was changed into a webcast. Hehe. So we ended at 2pm instead! Since we were gonna have a short school day, why not head out for lunch!

We walked and walked, wanting to find some random cafe and sit down. Initially we thought of Hatched, but in the end, my friend chanced upon d'Good Cafe and said many have been instagramming it, so we went in!

It is along the road towards Häagen-Dazs and EWF.







These were the cakes we never got to try because we were too hungry to try sweet things, we went straight for the filling and savoury food.




Spot the most expensive coffee haha.
$35 per cup 






All cafes would have tons of coffee selections, but because I don't like coffee, I was limited to only tea or chocolate :D



They have this cute little tank of iced water for you to self service!

The entire place is pretty much a self service concept, you have to place your orders, they'll give you a buzzer, once your food is ready, you go back to collect it. You get your own cutleries, napkins etc etc.

The only downside was that the counter area was a little bit cram.




BEHOLD! The cool looking coffee machine (is it a coffee machine?)



Sam ordered the Fresh Sea Prawn Aglio Olio (partially because I wanted to try, heh).
The spaghetti was nice, there was enough garlic (we LOVE garlic) and the spiciness was woah. I like :)

The thing is, the prawns were too salty, like compared to the spaghetti. But it was indeed fresh ^^

This plate costs $16!



TADAA!~ 
Here's my iced chocolate. I know it doesn't look awesome here, but it's the thick kind, like really thick and chocolatey. So it's good ^^

This was an add-on to my eggs benedict with additional cost of $3 :)



This was my first time trying an eggs benedict.
Well after watching Master Chef, I know what to expect from an eggs benedict! (So proud of myself)



The egg is cooked nicely, see how the yolk oozes out *yummeh*
The hollandaise sauce was pretty good too! 
This was, like I've said, my first try, so I can't say whether it's the best, but definitely good for me :)

It costs $13.50 ^^


**update**

I went to D'good cafe for a second time, and well, I ate the same thing, just that this time, I dine at the alfresco area. It's really pretty, especially at night :)





Then we moved on to Häagen-Dazs for desserts!
We were browsing through the menu, then we realised, like why were we flipping through when we can actually jsut order scoops? HAHAHAHA.



I got Macademia Nuts and mango and peach ice cream!
Sweet and sour <3 <3



The place was so empty and spacious, good for studying at!
Look at the huge ass comfy chair :D



Awkward faces :(


Then later on at night, me and my hall friends went out for supper at Swee Choon

183/ 185/ 187/ 189/ 191 Jalan Besar 
Singapore 208882 

Tel:
62257788 

Operating Hours:
Monday to Sunday : 6 pm to 6 am 
Closed on Tuesday

This happens when someone craves for dim sum and needs to destress, everyone joins in HAHAHA.



 This was taken when the first few dishes came on. We ate so much more!



Yes, this picture shows what we all ate! We spent $21 per person! 6 people ate everything, the remaining one ate a teeny bit LOL.

I love the mee suah kuay and the banana prawn fritters. 


Shall end off with my OOTD on Friday! :)




Top: F21 Refuse to sink crop top
Bottom: KEV ombré hws
Shoes: CO studded flats (not shown)
Accessories: CO bracelets, F21 white heart ring