Tuesday 15 April 2014

Foodie Adventures: Mu Parlour

I'm sure many of you know that Holland Village is one of the places with tons of cafes (as well as bars and pubs) and maybe you might have missed out on this place simply because you didn't look up.




MU Parlour 
16A Lorong Mambong 
Holland Village 
Tel: +65 6466 9336 
Sun to Thu: 11am – 11pm 
Fri & Sat: 11am – 2am 

It is located right above Thai Express. 
My friend and I almost missed it while searching for it LOL.




I always love the staircases that led to the cafes, this looks especially good with the rustic brick wall.
The one at D'good Cafe had a staircase too and had the alfresco area which was freaking pretty at night! LOL. I digress.

Anyway, we went right after class ended, at like 6pm :(
School's a burden.



According to Lady Iron Chef, their desserts are so-so. 
But I was there to try their burgers! The black ones, yes, black. HAHA.



Anyway, here's more of the interior of the cafe.








I love how comfy the place feels and the white brick walls.
I love cafes with unique chairs and tables, it makes them different from the rest.
It does get a bit dark at night though as their lights are quite dim.
But a good ambience, just that it's rather bad for photo taking. heh.




Anyway, we bought plain vanilla cupcakes to Mu Parlour to enjoy.
Such bad customers, but hey, it was a rainy day and we were craving for some cupcakes.
And can you believe it, it was my first time trying PV cupcakes. No, don't judge me.
I've only tried twelve cupcakes like last year? LOL.

I know about them, just that I always don't get a chance to buy them, if not, I'd be lazy, broke, too full or whatsoever la. (excuses hahahaha)



My friend ordered the eggs benedict while I ordered the burger.
She got chamomile and I got earl grey tea.

See how pretty edited photos are. HEH.
The subsequent ones aren't edited because I'm lazy





So awesome to just chill and enjoy a meal with my friend ^^
Oh and, I chose this table because it would look good in pictures. I can't stand myself at times. HAHAHA.



The burger was good! No idea why the buns are black.
There's different fillings for you to choose from and I chose the beef patty with avocado, cheese, bacon.
It's really delicious. Although I have to say, the avocado taste got sort of overpowered by the patty and bacon. BUT, it was still delicious.

What more, the garlic fries were hot and crispy and fragrant. For a garlic lover, I loved it :)
I have to admit, I did have a bit of a hard time eating it, I had to dissect it bit by bit with my knife and fork. But if you're not afraid of dirtying your hands, go ahead and use your hands ^^



They should have a rockets salad, I love rockets.
With that said, the eggs benedict is really not worth it. This plate costs $11-ish I think.
And guess what, the bread isn't even toasted, the eggs were meh and the hollandaise sauce was meh too. Totally not worth ordering.

I have to be honest. I think D'good cafe serves better eggs benedict. However, Fika sells better aglio olio than D'good hehe.


I'd definitely encourage all you people to try their gourmet burgers because they are really good to me.
Doubt I'll ever order eggs ben from them, but you can always try and make the judgement yourself.
I might just go back to try their desserts, but hey, I've got too many cafes to strike off my to-go list to revisit places I've been to :( 
Sigh.




Hey look at the sink! It's damn cool too!
Or am I too easily amused? I don't know LOL.


That's all for now! <3 <3
I've still got a few food posts to last me till after finals. Can't find time and money to go out now </3